Supply OfficerFull time Haya Nwadf posted 1 week ago
TDH (Terre des Hommes) – Switzerland
Required Travel: 25%
No Of Jobs: 1
General description of the position:
Supply Officer, under supervision of deputy logistics coordinator – supply, is responsible to manage supply chain at Erbil base.
S/he supports and implements logistics procedures respecting Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in accordance with the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Terre des hommes expects its personnel to behave in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Main responsibilities :
- Procurement planning
- Market survey and analysis
- Purchase order and contracts
- Payment process
- Filing and archiving
- Supplier database and price catalogue
- Draft the procurement plan for Erbil base and purchase requests from other bases of Tdh Iraq mission.
- Prioritize the procurement activities as per procedure applied and mission need
- Under line manager supervision communicate with bases logistician on procurement planning of their respective base.
- Report and change in the procurement plan
- Prepare purchase follow up for tasks in hand and share with relevant staff and departments
Market survey and analysis
- While strictly procurement procedures complete each procurement activity, ensuring the reception of supplies by the requester at his/her required destination.
- Ensure that all request received are complete and have due validation before conducting market survey
- Register every purchase request in purchase follow up as soon as it arrives at your desk.
- Prepare quotation requests/ call for quotations and conduct market survey.
- Based on the survey, draft comparative bid analysis for cost , delivery terms, payment terms and conditions and other associate conditions including sample analysis where applicable, essential for the selection of right supplier(s).
- After the validation of draft by the line manager, having it approved as per applied procurement procedures.
Purchase order and contracts
- Prepare purchase order and draft contracts for the selected supplier.
- Get POs and contracts validated as per procedure and get respective documents signed by the supplier
- Follow up on placed order to ensure that quality and delivery time is respected by the supplier.
- Coordinate with relevant staff, transporter and supplier for timely delivery of supplier at requested destination.
- In case of questions on quality or quantity or other terms defined in the PO/contract by the supplier, inform line manager and communicate with supplier for appropriate solution.
- After successful delivery confirmed by the proof of delivery/goods reception at destination being focal person of supply, process the invoices for the payment while ensuring that:
- Purchase file is fully complete and contains as required documents as per procurement procedure.
- Invoiced amount is corresponding to the purchase order/contract value and terms
- Ensure the validated invoice with required supporting documents submitted to finance
- Follow up on the payment till the payment is done.
Filing and archiving
- Prepare and maintain all procurement files of Erbil base chronologically and in organized manner.
- Ensure that all required documents are placed in each purchase file as per archiving SOPs.
- Periodic scanning of all closed purchase files for archiving
Supplier database and price catalogue
- Maintain and update supplier’s database per market for Erbil base.
- Collecting supplier databases from other bases and compile mission supplier database
- Prepare the inter-base movement and verify the Base movement
- For recurring purchases, conduct market survey and prepare price catalogue per market for Erbil base
- Collect prices catalogues from other bases of the mission and compile mission price catalogue
- Updating of both documents on regular bases by conducting periodic market survey
- Prepare monthly narrative supply report for Erbil office as per defined schedule including updated purchase follow up, supply contract follow up, supplier database and price catalogues.
- Disseminate purchase follow up to the pertinent staff on the mission.
In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Professional diploma or university degree is a Logistics field (supply, IT, purchase and Supply, …).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet).
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated .
Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills.
Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of the Iraqi existing context would be a distinct advantage.
Application Process and Deadline:
Application should contain the following two attachments:
Cover letter (Word or PDF) addressed to Tdh and earliest date of availability, scan of supporting documents (identity cards, diplomas).
Curriculum Vitae including two up to date and recent references
Candidates may apply by mail, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add the Ref in the heading: Supply Officer – Erbil
The deadline is 19 December 2018, by 5.00 pm.
Only short-listed applications will subsequently be called for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The short listed candidates will have to travel at their own expense to the place of recruitment. No compensation whatsoever will be given for transport or other.
Recruitment procedure follows the Terre des hommes Child Safeguarding Policy. Tdh is an equal opportunity organization.