World Vision International
WASH Project/ Filed Officer – Nineveh, Telafar
Published Date: 2018-11-08
Deadline Date: 2018-11-14
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision – Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of WAH Project/ Filed Officer – Nineveh, Telafar
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in Iraq –Nineveh and to contribute to World Vision objective of improving health and wellbeing of beneficiary community through improving access to safe water and sanitation, and impacting good behavior change in hygiene practices in Nineveh (Tel Afar & Sinjar). And to supervise construction works and help facilitate in formation and training of water committees with a view of improving accessibility to safe and sustainable water, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
WASH field activities supervision
• Supervision, implementing and monitoring of the field activities.
• Ensure the supply and availability of materials in the stocks and sites. And follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and make follow with the supervisor those not delivered as per requisition.
• Support the Project Engineer and Project Coordinator in the Procurement Request process.
• Support the Project Engineer and Project Coordinator in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project.
• Ensure the collaboration with the local authorities in the intervention areas.
• Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on WASH activities under the project.
• Liaise with beneficiary community and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
• Monitor the site activities on daily basis and ensure that all the activities are implemented as per the project papers and requirements.
• Monitor progress of activities report all milestones and flag issues as soon as they arise.
• Participate in the regular meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager (WASH Project Coordinator) and feedback with accurate information.
• Assist in raising PRFs and tendering process for supplies and purchases
• Manage community outreach activities
• Prepare project reports, and assist coordinator in periodic reports.
• Facilitate the promotion of WASH program impact on water conservation activities
• Ensure the close liaison and consultation with Communities leaders during implementation of the WASH services as per project document requirement.
• Undertake capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including Household Sanitation Committees, Water Committees, Community Hygiene Promoters, in aspects of Water Sanitation and Hygiene in an emergency humanitarian situation.
Work quality outputs and budget controls
• Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments/ Other stake holders (Internal and External)
• Coordination with Directorate of Education (DoE) and Directorate of Water (DoW) as well as the schools headmasters and teachers to implement the awareness program (Water and Purity/Cleanliness) in the selected schools in Nineveh Governorate.
• Coordination with local community groups/government departments.
• When required, in collaboration with WASH Project Coordinator, Represent World Vision at DoE and DoW.
Reporting and communication
• Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status.
• Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
– Safety and Security responsibilities
• Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in school and Household Mobilization and related fields are preferred.
• Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
• Past experience in working with the education sector
• Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish.
• Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English
• Successful track record in project coordination.
• Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
• Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
• Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
• Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
• Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
• Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
• Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
• Excellent time-management and prioritization
• 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
• Experience in project management and programming knowledge in WASH in addition to Livelihoods.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
• Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 14 November 2018.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.